Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What I did over summer vacation

J/k I didn't have a summer vacation because, well, I'm an adult now and have a real job.
BUT! I did do some fun things:

I went on my first backpacking trip on the Appalachian Trail with some of my favorite people.
Yep, that's me petting a wild pony.

I got my very first bicycle--only 55 buckaroos on craiglist. It's a 1980-something Peugeot, which means it's old, but very awesome.
And I got the bike to...

 do my first triathlon. I've dreaming about it for years and now finally it's done.
It's true what people say about them being addicting. I can't wait to do another one!

ALSO,
I got accepted to grad school @ the University of Alabama. (And I just now found out that the angry elephant is their mascot when I searched for pics for this post. huh.)
Anyway, so this has been a goal of mine for awhile. What's great about it is that it's a distance program so I can keep my job while doing it AND my work will reimburse me for it.  How did I get so lucky?

And the grand finale!

I have a brand new baby nephew. He's so new I don't have a single picture of him. His name is Holden and he's perfect.

So that's a summary of my summer. Ha. summary of my summer....


4 comments:

Angela said...

...and so much more:)

Sara said...

Congratulations! On the triathalon and grad school. That's awesome!

Laura said...

Holy Cow Krissy! What an awesome summer! You have so much more courage than me - a triathlon and grad school? You are awesome.

kelley said...

Seriously? I've been watching sports my whole life and I couldn't have told you that Alabama has an Elephant as a mascot!! You know this means you need to start watching college football...