Sunday, June 10, 2012

Something New


For my birthday I got an all-expense paid kayak adventure off the coast of NC.  The trip included kayaking to a deserted island, a picnic dinner, and a beautiful sunset over the water as we returned to the mainland.  





It was such a fun little trip.  Although I will admit I got a little tired, it was so nice to do something new and get out of the hustle and bustle of "city" life.  It motivated me to start doing things like this more often-things that I really enjoy and make me happy.   I don't know about you, but I tend to get into little ruts (ok, sometimes big ruts) where I do the same things over and over again.  For example: sleep, eat, work, eat, work out, eat, sleep.  And really, how fun is that?? Life is too hard not to take a break and have some fun.  So, at the beginning of the summer I am committing myself to doing more fun things.  For example: riding my bike, playing games, going to the beach, hanging out with friends, camping. And anyone is welcome to join me. 

2 comments:

kelley said...

I'll come. Especially if it involves the beach.

Jo said...

I wish I was there so we could ride bikes together again! I hope you're doing well Krissy and I'm glad you had a good birthday!!