Thursday, September 6, 2012

Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover


So, I have a few talents that I pride myself on. One of those talents is baking. I have made many a good cake in my day. This year when my sister, Kelley, asked me to make a cake for her 30th birthday I was, of course, happy to do so. She sent me a couple of recipes with pictures and here is the one I decided to make.

Doesn't that look yummy?

Sadly, this it what happened when I made it.


I'm still not really sure what happened there.
But you know what? 
It still tasted really good.
So what is the deeper meaning of all this?
Don't judge a book by it's cover.
You can miss a lot of good things in life if you do that.

4 comments:

kelley said...

I'm so glad you took a picture! I forgot to and I so wanted to remember that cake. And it was delicious! I'm so happy you made it for me!!

Krissy said...

Yes, thank goodness we documented it.

Laura said...

This is pretty much what every cake I make looks like. Thanks for posting a picture - it makes me feel better to know I am not alone. :)

Elisa said...

Lol! I'm sorry but that is hilarious! I mean, hilarious because when I read the beginning and saw that beautiful picture of the cake, I totally thought that was yours because I know you could make one beautiful like that..but then you tricked me! But don't we all have experiences like that occasionally? Thanks for sharing a good laugh :).