Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Weekend in a Nutshell

This weekend Wade and I went to Waynesville (for those of you unfamiliar with Waynesville, it is a small town in the mountains almost to Tennessee where Wade grew up).  I always forget to take my camera, so unfortunately I don't have any pictures.  But! Here are some of the highlights:

Wade's dad telling me that I was "full of crap" because my eyes are brown...I guess that's what "they" say about people with brown eyes.

Tea party with the nieces, Madelynn and Mackensey. It made my day to see all those mountain men drinking juice out of tiny tea cups with their pinkies out. (as that is the one and only way tea is to be drunk)

Hiking to the tiny old house where Wade's grandparents lived when they first got married-it was
 about 12ftx24ft and was WAY up on a mountain.  It was no easy hike. It's amazing how they ever lived there.

Hearing Granny's (Wade's grandmother) story about seeing the bobcat on her way back to the aforementioned house from getting groceries like it was no big thing.

Uncle Lonnie.  He talks so fast and his accent is so thick I have to have Wade translate for me.

Learning how to shoot a gun, thanks to Burl, Wade's dad.  (#1 rule: treat every gun as if it's loaded #2 make sure all the dogs are out of the way before you shoot...and that's it....haha)

Forgetting about the precious steaks in the car we brought from Raleigh for Wade's parents.  We ate them anyway.  What's that you say about food safety?  There are some things even I will eat in spite of potential risk. (so far we haven't gotten sick yet)

Sunday dinner: 2 pieces of chocolate pie and popcorn that we were supposed to give to the chicken's but decided was still good enough to eat.  Mmm mmm goood.


And that was my weekend in a nutshell.






1 comment:

Elisa said...

How fun! It sounds like something from a movie. I love the visual of mountain men drinking tea with their pinkies out :)...perhaps sitting around a table that is too small with chairs that are too small :).