Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Let me start off by saying that I'm amazing

Today I had my first real interview for a real job with a real salary.  Go me.  Sometimes I like to think about funny things that I could say in an interview.  For example, tonight Wade was asking me if I told him how amazing I was and I said that it was in fact the first thing I said.   "Before we get this started, let me just say that I'm amazing." If only that could work.

It goes without saying that the whole finding a job process is tedious, to say the least.  It's kind of like dating in that in order to get what you want you really have to put yourself out there and risk getting rejected.  It's tough! 

Sometimes I just feel like I'm pretending.  I mean, I hadn't ever planned on being a career woman, but that is what's going on now.  People ask me what my career goals are and I mutter something like how I want to do this or that important thing. While I know I could do all that and would probably really enjoy it, it's just not what I was expecting.  But nothing in life has really been that way, so I shouldn't be surprised.

But enough about serious life stuff for now.  I have to confess that on Monday I watched 7 episodes of a tv show on netflix.  Go me...again.  That's almost a full day of work.  Part of me is a little embarrassed, but the other part of me is so happy that I have time to do that because I will probably never have time like this again.  There are defintiely pros to being unemployed.

And these are my thinks at 1:00 in the morning.

2 comments:

kelley said...

Bah! That is so great. People should start off first dates like that too. I had a full time job for nearly 6 years and I still felt like I was playing grown up at times. I'd leave a lunch that included attorneys and judges and think, "Am I really this much of an adult??"

Tiffany said...

So much of what you said resonated with me, except you phrased it much better than I would have been able to. I love your blog, Krissy. Guess what? I made a friend at work and her name is Kristy (curse that t!) but I always think of you when I say her name and what to call her Krissy-lips or Krissy Krisdemeanor or just say KRISSY! like I used to say to you... :( makes me sad sometimes. :)Congratulations on your job interview! You're amazing!!! Yes you are! You tell 'em!