At Melissa's request I am now back to my blog. I can't even say that I have been really busy since I have moved home, because I haven't. So, there is no good excuse for my neglect. I'm not sure anyone really cares anyway.....
BUT, I will still post. Since coming home I have had to face some interesting challenges. The main one I would say is how I can fill my days with productive things so that I don't feel like a completely useless human being at the end of the day. To make myself feel better about what I have done with my time, I will list what I have accomplished.
1. I learned how to take in a skirt-not as easy as it sounds.
2. I learned how to use a leaf blower (the kind that you put on your back).
3. I painted my parents hallway yellow.
4. I have read 4 books.
5. I made bread that actually tasted good.
6. I increased my weekly running mileage to 27 miles.
7. I worked at the State Fair.
8. I made dinner for my family most nights of the week.
9. I have grown some muscles in my upper body thanks to my gym that has an awesome weight lifting class.
10. I beat Wade in bowling.
and... that's all I can think of.
I really can't complain that this time is particularly difficult. I mean, I can always complain about something, but it has been really nice to completely relax before my internship starts in January.
Now, my question for you is: What would you do with your time if you didn't have to work?
3 comments:
As someone who has been working full time pretty much since graduation, I say, make the most of the relaxation time. You may never, ever get this kind of time again! Plus, since you know it's just temporary time off and not the beginning of a forever-lazy lifestyle, it's okay to not run around all day with a to-do list.
To answer the question: Jericho would answer for me "quilt and bake" b/c that's what I've been doing lately. But MY answer is kind of what I did the last time I was in the post-graduation pre-job situation: I worked out 2 hours a day and read about 3 books a month. It was GLORIOUS.
and the skirt fits great!
I care! I care!! I'm always glad when you post. :)
I'm proud of your accomplishments; way to be. I love that we are both in this in-between stage; it's so nice.
I forgot to tell you that I found a really fantastic bread recipe, in case you are feeling like making more bread. I really like it because you make the dough, put it in the tins, let it rise half an hour, and then you bake it straightaway. It's amazing. And it tastes really good! I've done it with both honey and brown sugar, and I've done both a combination of white and wholewheat flour, as well as all wholewheat flour with her recommendation of the lemon, and it's all turned out great. Here's the link: http://simplehealthytasty.blogspot.com/2008/03/best-yet-whole-wheat-bread-hand-method.html
I love you, Krissy! Talk to you soon, and I will also update my blog and the By Jingo blog soon. :)
Mostly likely I would want to hang out with you! I miss you!
Post a Comment