Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Raleigh 2nd Ward

I went to church today at my home ward.  I grew up there and every time I go back I remember me as I used to be because that's how everyone remembers me. 

Today my best friend from my growing up years just happened to be visiting to.  We have both moved away and visit occasionally so I thought it was funny that we should be there on the same Sunday.  She has a baby now and during Sunday School and Relief Society we sat on the last row munching on chocolate, chatting, and playing with her adorable little chubby baby.  Vivi is her name.

I talked to my old running partner, Sarah Snyder.  I don't know how old she is, but she has six kids.  I used to run with her when I was high school during the off-season.  She's one of my most favorite people to run so I was so excited when she asked if I wanted to go running tomorrow.  I can't wait.

I also talked to Janette Jorgensen, a girl I used to babysit when I was 12 and she was 2.  She's 14 now and has 5 younger siblings.  I think she's taller than me, too.  She's taking driver's ed this summer and is going to high school next year.  I felt a little old.  I wonder what she thinks of me.  Does she think I'm cool?  Does she wonder why I'm not married?  

I loved going back today.  I didn't have to worry about impressing anybody or looking super cute.  I loved feeling accepted and missed.  I felt comfortable and at home.

No comments: