Thursday, February 11, 2010

Some Cleanses are Good

Most of you that know me know that I don't believe in detoxification cleanses.  I think they are, in fact, hazardous to your health.  There is, however, one kind of clease that I do believe in, and that is the facebook cleanse.  Here is my confession: I have become addicted to facebook.  Since I haven't had a job or classes, and looking for a job drives me insane, I have turned to facebook as a means to deal with my problems.  I don't generally get sucked into reading people's profiles or stalking my roommate's blind dates, although I do a little bit of that.  What really gets me is the chatting.  It's my outlet to the outside world.  Pathetic! (I know that is EXACTLY the word that just went through your mind).  Krissy is a loser.  (and that was your next thought)  I don't think I'm a loser, but I do think I can use my time more wisely.  So, with the help of a friend, I decided to go without facebook.  I have successfully made it through one day and it was AMAZING.  I haven't been happier in a long time.  I felt free as a bird.  I hope that today is the first of many facebook-free days.  I recommend giving it a try. 

3 comments:

Dallen said...

Oh it DOES feel so good! ...but what is a detoxification cleanse? I hope I'm not accidentally doing it every day.

Krissy said...

You would know. Trust me.

Emily said...

Krissy, I love your new layout! Pretty! Hooray! And that really is an awesome picture of your eyeball peeking out of that bundt pan. Sweet! Really, if they'd charged you a whole dollar for that it would have been highway robbery.

And yeah, he'd know. hahahaha.