Good news! I got a job. I know that's news to most of you, but it's the best way to introduce my topic for this post, which is how I ended up in Cape Fear Valley.
So this new job is actually the perfect first job for me in every way...except for the location. I feel so blessed to have found a job not long after finishing my internship and it's so nice to be able to be productive. It's just funny how life turns out sometimes.
When I lived in Provo (aka Happy Valley), I would have never guessed that I would end up here. I'm sure here has its redeeming qualities, but what I'm most afraid of is ending up at the bottom of the lake somewhere like the guy I heard about on the news the other day. Scary stuff happens down here.
At orientation we learned about how not to leave ANYTHING valuable in our cars while we're at work because break-ins are frequent and they are so sneaky about it security doesn't always catch them.
Also, when I checked the reviews for my apartment complex they said, "DON'T MOVE HERE" "FREQUENT BREAK-INS" "HEARD GUNSHOTS." Oddly enough I live on Elm Street. I think there was a movie about a nightmare on Elm Street????
Fortunately in the week I have been here, I haven't had any problems. I diligently keep my car empty of anything, except a little trash to make it less appealing. I walk with purpose. I pray morning and night for safety. I try not to make people mad on the roads. I only go outside in the daylight. I still need to get some pepper spray (or wasp spray as a woman in my ward suggested, since it shoots further). Maybe I'm a little paranoid.
1 comment:
Ah scary! Look at taking a RAD self defense class.
Post a Comment